Monday, October 12, 2009

Trees











Allie Meyerson
Anna Diede
Mike Hansberry
For this resource partitioning example, I used a tree at my parents’ house in rural Minnesota. I found many different species, or evidence of different species on and around our tree. The tree that I focused on was a plum tree, and therefore, felt that I would be able to find more species because they would be attracted to the fruit. I saw molds, and algae’s, evidence of bark being stripped at the base, which I assumed was from deer and other small animals, many different insects, and all sorts of different vegetation at the base of the tree that will indubitably effect the soil that the tree grows from. I also could tell that there were insects or harmful bacteria on the tree because of the decay of the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment